- Competition period is from December 20, 2017 (Wednesday) to March 14 (Wednesday), 2018.
- Open to all Filipino citizens, regardless of age and gender. All competitors under the age of eighteen (18) are required to submit a signed PARENTAL CONSENT FORM with their entry. Failure to comply may result in disqualification.
- Participants are required to e-register for free at the contest’s official website at www. pinoysuperheroes.com and agree to the contest’s mechanics and terms and conditions. Once this is accomplished, the entry form will be sent to the email registered by the participant.
- Submit accomplished entry form (and accomplished parental consent form if necessary) in a sealed brown envelope together with the following requirements:
• A two (2)-page treatment with a story arc and synopsis of the character/s.
• A two (2) to three (3)-minute video trailer showcasing the character/s and a sample of an action sequence. Video content can be, but not limited to animatics, live-action and/or animation.
• A sketch of the design concept for the character as a normal citizen (if applicable) and as a superhero with costume/s showing various profiles.
• A list of names of the talents and crew involved in the pre-production, production proper, and post-production.
- Participants must submit the video with a minimum resolution of 720p HD/mp4 video format saved on a DVD- data disc or on a USB flash disk.
- Character/s, particularly the superhero/es must be an original concept that is unpublished and not posted nor streamed on any digital or print platform. Character/s directly derived from fictional or non-fictional protected property/ies will not be accepted. Any infringement of copyright is a basis for disqualification.
- Last day of submission of entries is on March 14, 2018 (Wednesday) not later than 6:00 PM (Philippine Time).Entries must be submitted personally or via courier to DV Tech Media Corp. office located at Unit 2A, Ave Center Bldg., 1760 Dian St., Brgy. Palanan, Makati City.
- The entries will be placed in a drop box located at the office’s storage, which will be sealed until the start of shortlisting.
- There will be ten (10) shortlisted participants to be chosen by a group of panelists from the media and comics industry. Shortlisting will be from March 15 (Thursday)to March 17 (Saturday), 2018.
- Finalists will be notified one (1) day after the end of the shortlisting and will also be announced online at ComicCon.asia, fb.com/ComicConAsia, pinoysuperheroes.com, fb.com/newpinoysuperheroes
- Final judging will be held on March 25, 2018 (Sunday) at ComicCon Asia 2018 located at the SMX Convention Center, Pasay City from 10:00 AM onwards.
- The ten (10) chosen finalists must be present or represented during the final judging and are required to bring a final illustration of the superhero/es’design drawn on a ¼ illustration board to be presented at the final judging.
- The decision of the board of judges is final and irrevocable, with the approval of DTI.
- Criteria for the SHORTLISTING phase:
• Character – 50%
The uniqueness of the characters, most especially the superhero/es. This also includes the distinctiveness of the powers, skills, strengths, and weaknesses of the superhero/es and/or villain/s. The superhero/es should embody the Filipino values, culture, and tradition.
• Storytelling – 30%
The theme is clearly defined and the plot is well-developed. The characters have great backstories, goals, and conflicts. The story is delivered clearly.
• Visual Execution – 20%
The creativity and technique of the participant in the art of filmmaking are visualized in the video. Part of the determining factor is how strong the video’s impact will be on the viewers.
Criteria for the FINAL JUDGING phase:
• Character – 45%
• Final Illustration of the superhero/es design – 5%
The complete and final design of the superhero/es’ look, form, costume, etc.
• Storytelling – 30%
• Visual Execution – 20%
• The grand prize winner shall receive one hundred fifty thousand Philippine pesos (PhP150,000.00) in cash.
• The first-runner-up shall receive fifty thousand Philippine pesos (PhP50,000.00) in cash.|
• The second runner-up shall receive thirty thousand Philippine pesos (PhP30,000.00) in cash.
• The remaining finalists shall receive ten thousand Philippine pesos (PhP10,000.00) in cash.
• Twenty percent (20%) tax for the prize exceeding ten thousand Philippine pesos (PhP10,000.00) shall be paid by DV Tech Media Corp.
- Winners will be announced on March 25, 2018 (Sunday) at the ComicCon Asia 2018 to be held at the SMX Convention Center, Pasay City. Winners will also be notified via registered mail, e-mail, call, text message, and social media.
- The prizes will be claimed at the DV Tech Media Corp.’s office located at Unit 2A, Ave Center Bldg., 1760 Dian St., Brgy. Palanan, Makati City. The claimant should bring at least one (1) valid ID and the notification letter. If a representative will claim the prize, he/she should also bring an authorization letter signed by the winner.
- Claiming period will be until sixty (60) days upon receipt of the registered mail. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited in favor of DV Tech Media Corp. with prior approval of DTI.
- Employees of DV Tech Media Corp. and their relatives up to the 2nd degree of affinity or consanguinity are disqualified from joining the entirety of the competition.